As I was walking around the Shrine in Yawatahama, I came acrost many torii. This one with the cherry tree and the sign next to it was of particular interest to me. Not just the special shape of the torii, but the combination of cherry tree with the torii and the light. Ofcorse the sign did illustrate a sertain point as well. "May peace prevail on earth." A nice thought, don't you think?
Critiques | Translate
emjleclercq (15780) 2008-04-09 14:02
The shape of the torri is interesting, and the cerry tree was a good idea, but... you have chosen the wrong side in my opinion. Unfortunatly, the light has eaten here the pink of the cherry flowers and you have lost most of the potential of your composition. My suggestion in such a case is to try different points of views to see the result.
All the best,
- Copyright: Halgeir Vaage (kittyhawk) (1732)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-04-04
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: Nikon D300, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM, Lexar 4GBs 133x, Hoya PL Circ
- Exposure: f/4, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan revisited.
- Theme(s): Hanami 2008 [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-04-06 5:34