As I was walking the streets of Yawatahama this sight revieled itself...
The name of the shrine is Hachiman (八幡) shrine and the cherry trees made for a lovely atmosphere.
Sorry about the sky, the weather was nice but white as you can see. Hope you like the image just the same.
P.S. The color of the frame was sampeled from the blosoms in this photo.
Critiques | Translate
vinicio (23423) 2008-04-02 14:32
Hi Halgeir, I have friend/work associate, a woman, with this name, even if her is an Italian, after this, Your image is a good image with beautiful view over the tree and the characteristic Japanese architecture, well done, compliments.
dragonslayero (3116) 2008-04-03 2:07
Great angle for this photo, I think everything here is screaming "Japan" at me.
The Pink frame works great here is it enphasizes the colour of the Sakura.
And I really like the name, technically "Hachiman" would be eightythousand... only this shrines name is written with different kanji.
- Copyright: Halgeir Vaage (kittyhawk) (1712)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-04-02
- Categories: Festivals, Nature, Architecture, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Nikon D300, Nikkor 50 mm f1.4, Lexar 4GBs 133x, Hoya PL Circ
- Exposure: f/1.8, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan revisited.
- Theme(s): Hanami 2008 [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-04-02 2:41