As I was walking the streets of Yawatahama I saw this sign.
Due to the risk for tsunami, a lot of cities allong the Japanese coast has build evactuation areas and even city walls in some cases. I thought that this would be information of good use to any one who plans a visit to this country.
I've never seen a tsunami first hand, touch wood. And I hope never to see one.
Sorry about the poor focus. Dificult to focus on a flat sign like this.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
dragonslayero (3116) 2008-04-03 2:01
Yup, safety first!
Not exactly a "beautiful" photo, but very informative.
Looks a little dragged if you ask me, but otherwise I think this could be a great lesson for anyone trying to learn Japanese Kanji.
Maybe a bit overkill with the yellow frame...
- Copyright: Halgeir Vaage (kittyhawk) (1732)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-04-01
- Categories: Decisive Moment
- Camera: Nikon D-100, Nikkor 35mm-105mm, f/4-5.6, SanDisk Extreme 1gig
- Exposure: f/11, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan revisited.
- Date Submitted: 2008-04-01 4:51