My sisters main wish for her first trip to Japan was to go to a Sumo tournament... unfortunately we missed the May Basho by a few days... HOWEVER... and even better... we toured the Tokyo Stadium on an open day. Not only did we get right down next to the 'ring', but we watched sumo wrestlers 'practicing' again members of the public (as ladies we are forbidden to step foot on the practice areas... however, we were allowed to check out the super-sized wrestlers bathtub and toilet... go figure!), and we met/ shook hands/ took photos with several professional wrestlers (not quite the top ranked fellas... but close enough!).
An unforgettable experience.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Charlotte Newman (pineapple) (74)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-05-04
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: nikonD80, Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED DX AF-S
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-05-24 1:20