I ran across this nice Oden display in a 7-11 convenience store, made up to look like an old-fashioned food cart. I was a little surprised to see it because oden is usually considered to be a winter food it was already the end of May.
Oden consists of various food items such as eggs, daikon radish, fish cake, etc. that have been boiled in broth for a long period of time. You pick out the items you like and pay by the item, about Y100 ($1) per item. Like many Japanese foods -- even "fast" foods -- this is a tasty, healthy dish.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-05-30
- Categories: Food
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, ISO 400
- Exposure: f/4, 1/160 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan 2006
- Date Submitted: 2006-06-24 1:03