We were walking to the post office when we happened to come upon the corporate headquarters of Bandai Corporation. Bandai distributes many famous characters in and outside of Japan. They were also the ones who started the virtual pet craze with the Tamagotchi.
The character in the forefront is Anpan Man, a super hero whose namesake is Anpan (sweet bean bread). You won't find him in mainstream America but he is very famous in Japan and has been around a long time. He has his own animated TV show aimed towards younger children.
If you're a big Bandai fan, this is a good place for some photo opportunities. I think there is also a Bandai museum elsewhere in Tokyo.
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-05-30
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, ISO 400
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/200 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Japan 2006
- Theme(s): Artwork - Cartoon Comix Fairytales [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-06-19 20:29