Harajuku apartments are a landmark in the trendy Omotesando area. Due to safety concerns, they are planning to break them down. It's a shame as another part of Tokyo's history is being destroyed to be replaced with another shiny complex.
An old abandoned car battery behind the apartment complex.
ps> auto contrast and unsharp mask
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
adam (860) 2003-04-14 3:10
The tonality of your black and white shots is fabulous. I like the composition of this one the most.
gringofil (0) 2003-07-24 6:20
I agree about the tones in this shot: they're amazing indeed. The car batery makes for a wonderful focal point for the whole image.
JimmyPop (32) 2011-07-19 11:14
Fantastic shot. Great use of B&W with good composition and wonderful tones. I know this was posted a number of years ago but I've just stumbled upon it and thought it was worth commenting!
- Copyright: Ken Lee (kentokyo) (559)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2002-11-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon F100, Nikon 20mm/f2.8, Ilford Super XP2 400
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Harajuku Apartments
- Theme(s): Demolition By Neglect, Abandoned Places [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-04-13 10:11