This was the only postable photo from the vicinity of the Mashuu Lake in Hokkaido, Japan. The surrounding area was mainly sunny with some clouds, but as we approached the lake, the fog set in. There are Japanese songs which speak of the fog around the lake, which I didn't really believe until I saw it with my own eyes.
Technically I've cropped the top third of the shot as it was just a grey sky, and de-saturated.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
TimWilson (234) 2003-08-24 12:08
I really like this shot, the greys, the simplicity of the scene and the ghostly shapes of the trees in the distance.
Mike (693) 2003-08-24 15:43
It certainly does have a surreal ghostly feel about it, wise to go for monochrome, it definitely adds to the atmosphere.
- Copyright: Martin Bailey (Bayleaf) (1484)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2003-08-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, 17-35mm F/2.8L Ø77, ISO 100 RAW
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/50 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Hokkaido - August '03
- Date Submitted: 2003-08-24 10:53