it is "Genbaku Dome" ("Genbaku" means Atomic Bomb)
one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Japan.
6th August 1945, detonated the first atomic bomb in human history.
it was almost directly above the building.
Critiques | Translate
trekks (14348) 2008-03-29 0:48
Your gallery is very interesting and this post is a good view of showcase the this heritage site. Really well composed and in good light.
Hellas (6987) 2008-06-10 0:36
Hi Yuo, how are you?
The correlation between today and the past is great! The memorial tablet works perfectly in foreground having the UNESCO World Heritage Site for background. I want to thank you very much for this exhibition. Very well done, indeed!
- Copyright: Yuo Japan (yuo) (1182)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-08-18
- Categories: Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Canon EOS Kiss Digital N, Canon EF-S10-22 F3.5-4.5 USM, RAW @ ISO 100
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Hiroshima & Nagasaki [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-03-28 6:27
- Favorites: 1 [view]