The a-bomb dome. Once an office building, now a monument to mankinds stupidity.
Seeing this place was not quite what I had expected, as I stood there and photographed the dome. A woman asked to be my guide. She was the daughter of 2 of the people who survived the bombing. The things she told me, eye witness acounts and so on are things I've never been able to read anywhere.
So if you visit Hiroshima, and a person asks to be your guide. Please say: Yes, please. For you might learn more in 10 minutes talking to them, than you would in a lifetime studying the incident at a university.
No points or smileys, please. This photo is dedicated to the people of Hiroshima. The survivors and the people who rebuildt the city.
- Copyright: Halgeir Vaage (kittyhawk) (1800)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-12-17
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Nikon D300, Nikkor 50 mm f1.4, Lexar 4GBs 133x, Hoya PL Circ
- Exposure: f/4, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-12-17 23:05