Taken on the west coast of Japan in the town of Toyama. One of the most impressive things about the Japanese is how they seem to have complete control of water. This rice paddy was right in town. It is very common to find a water-filled rice paddy right next door to a car dealership, dentist's office or somebody's house. If they decide to plant something else next year they will easily drain the water out of their plot of ground and divert it elsewhere so that next year this same piece of land will be a veggie garden.
Photo was taken with a 70-200 and 2x teleconverter.
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4794)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-05-15
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon 70-200mm/2.8
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/1600 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Rice is Life /3/ [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-08-29 16:23