Katsuobusji, steamed, fermented, dried skipjack tuna (just looks like a piece of hard wood) is one of the secrets of Japanese cookery.
Today, factory shved "Hanakatsuo" is widely used though,
Hand shaved katsuobushi tastes special, with its flavor which evaporates within hours.
Japanese description here.
- Copyright: Keiichiro Koyama (Koyama) (609)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-08-22
- Categories: Food
- Camera: Nikon D 70
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Gohan [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-08-22 4:20