Bali - Ubud
One evening a grand procession would take place. The barong was going to walk the main streets of Ubud, hundreds of people including many children proudly followed the mystical creature. Women carried baskets of fruit on their heads and much incense smoke.
Barong processions and dances are a vital part of ceremonial life in Bali. The Barong is considered the village guardian and is being performed once every six months to expel misfortune and evil from the community.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Laetitia Buczaczer (phoolan) (365)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-11-29
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Olympus E-420, Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6
- Exposure: f/4, 1/15 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-05-09 5:26