After a total of almost 24 hours travelling from Yogjakarta, Jawa to Bali, we arrived in Ubud for a time of relaxation. Been fond with Bali all the while as they are rich with arts and cultures especially in Ubud.
Coincidentally I was there during their Galungan festival which symbolize the victory of Virtue (Dharma) upon Evil (Adharma). The festival is specialized by the fitting of 'penjor', a tall bamboo pole splendidly decorated with woven young coconut leaves, fruit, cakes and flowers, on the right side of every house entrance.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (522)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-07-22
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/11, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Bali - The Land of Arts, Cultures, Nature & Beauty [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-10-07 21:00