On the way from Maumere to the Kelimutu volcano.
After fermentation, the cacao beans are dried. In some countries, the beans are simply spread out on trays or mats and left to dry under the sun. During drying, the beans lose nearly all their moisture and more than half their weight. The drying process generally takes five to seven days, during which the beans are frequently turned.
Once the beans are dried, they are packed and shipped to chocolate manufacturers.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: gee hoo (geehoo) (662)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-05-26
- Categories: Food
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S DX 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VRII, B+W 72mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-08 0:12