A lot like chinese lion dance. The lion costume is worn by two persons, one person act as the front half of the lion and another as the rear half. The performance for this event was pretty impressive, the "lion" was able to jump, running, rolling around as if they were real.
The photo was taken at a Festival at Bali. However the art was actually from Eastern Java.
Critiques | Translate
avigur_11 (22069) 2003-09-10 7:56
Nice shot, interesting scene. the blur behind gives a strong feeling of motion.
yannt (401) 2003-09-10 8:22
How comes all my attention goes to the little flying stuff on the upper right corner?
Lizard-lady (235) 2003-09-10 8:45
What an amazing shot.
- Copyright: Ricardo Jamin (rjamin) (1169)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-08-23
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Nikon D1x, Nikkor 70-200 VR AFS, Digital JPEG
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Lion... like my name! [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-09-10 7:46