Malioboro street - located in the heart of Yogya - is the most famous street in Yogyakarta. There are many shops and street vendors there.
Some say that the name Malioboro” derives from the name of the British governor Marlborough from the era when Britain ruled the archipelago, between 1811-1816.
Yogyakarta is a relatively small city, so you can travel on foot, by trishaw (traditional three-wheeled and pedal-powered cart, known as becak) or by horse cart (traditional horse-pulled carts, known as andong). They wait for customers everywhere. You can see them on my picture.
- Copyright: Wiktor Czerwinski (MoreTravel) (797)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-28
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: CANON 450D, 18-200mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS, 72 mm UV HOYA
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/20 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-09 23:54