The Masjid Agung is the largest mosque in East Java. It is quite a spectacular sight as you drive from Surabaya up to Malang and the highlands.
I took the photo as demonstrating a simple but strong depiction of Islamic architecture - the minaret, the crescent and the tiles on the dome really struck me as I was driving past. A polariser was essential to neutralise the mid afternoon sun.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Campbell Bridge (cbridge) (702)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-07-18
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D2X, 17-55mm f/2.8, Hoya Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2005-07-25 11:43