The Ijen volcano complex is a group of stratovolcanoes, in East Java, Indonesia. It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometers wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex.
An active vent at the edge of the lake is a source of elemental sulfur, and supports a mining operation.
--- Wikipedia ---
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (522)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-07-21
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/11, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Ijen Volcano Complex [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-09-20 1:30