This photo was shot when arrived at the foot of Mount Bromo. The hills at the background and ground are covered with volcanic ashes.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god.
Mount Bromo sits in the middle of a vast plain called the "Sea of Sand" (Javanese: Segara Wedi or Indonesian: Lautan Pasir), a protected nature reserve since 1919. The typical way to visit Mount Bromo is from the nearby mountain village of Cemoro Lawang. -- Wikipedia --
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Eugene Fu (eugenefu) (524)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-07-20
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Pentax K-r, Pentax SMC DAL f/3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm AL
- Exposure: f/6.7, 1/350 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Beauty of Mount Bromo [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2011-08-27 9:49