Red coloured statue of Lord Ganesha ("The Elephant God"). This statue is in the compound of famous Mukteshwar Temple in Bhubaneshwar - known as the temple city. It is said that the city once had 7000 temples. Still today it is believed to have more than 600 temples.
Mukteshwar temple was built in 10th century. It is faous for its carvings - specially the beautifully carved arc gate.
- Copyright: Siddhartha Chhajer (picks) (124)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-12-31
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Nikon Coolpix L3
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/50 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Sculptures [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-02-28 8:18