Roman chimes called tintinnabulum were hung up in gardens and porticoes Where they would make a tinkling sound as the wind passed through them. Bells were believed to keep off evil spirits and so they were often combined with the phallus, which was also a symbol of good fortune and a charm against evil.
I have taken the shot from Handicrafts Fair held at Milan Mela Ground, Kolkata. This bells is made by clay and its an art of Bolpur. The place was very attractive due to the flavour of many villages of West Bengal and Orisa and their traditional handicrafts. This is one of them.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Ayan Biswas (switch2ayan) (165)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-12-12
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Artwork
- Camera: Canon 600D, 18-55 Canon II EF-S f/3.5-5.5
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/20 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-12-21 20:46