* Auspicious Shravana Morning *
Once again from Shravana Morning... From the shiva temple of Byaspur...
The Mondays of Shravana (a month in bengali calender which lies between 2nd part of July
and 1st part of August) are very special for Hindu devotees. It is said that, it is the birthday of Lord Shiva. In each Mondays they used to take a dip in the sacred river Ganges and carry this sacred water to pour it on the stony idol of Lord Shiva. In this process they used to walk miles with bare feet...
Critiques | Translate
lucasgalodoido (21051) 2012-08-06 17:45
very interesting B&W picture here, with high contrast in this urban scene. Great job, my friend.
fabbs99 (16151) 2012-08-07 20:54
Great Moment to capture the faithfuls going to the temple..A LITTLE MORE BRIGHTNESS WOULD HAVE DONE A WORLD OF GOOD TO THIS SLIGHTLY UNDEREXPOSED SHOT.
Regds ~ Farhat
Juzo (4335) 2012-11-20 5:05
The atmosphere is so different without colour, I can almost feel the atmosphere here, the B&W almost purifies the moment - great style.
- Copyright: Subhendu Bagchi (subhendu_bagchi) (25495)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2012-08-06
- Categories: Daily Life, Festivals, Architecture, Artwork, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Nikon Coolpix 5600
- Exposure: f/4.9
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): TEMPLES OF MURSHIDABAD [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-08-06 2:09