Taptapani (Tapta = hot & Pani = water) is famous for its hot water spring, Taptapani, is situated at 67 km from Gopalpur.Taptapani is a bubbling hot sulphur spring located about 50 km from Berhampur in Ganjam District. It is surrounded by hills inhabited by the Orissan tribal. The sulphur present in the water is said to cure skin ailments such as scabies and eczema. The water, extremely-hot near the origin (900 to 1000 F), is canalized into a pond where people take their dip. A huge boulder projected in the spring is worshipped by the tribal as GODDESS KANDHUNI.
Here in this frame you can see the priest is busy in worshiping. Attracted by this frame which is on your screen. Hope you'll like it.
- Copyright: Subhendu Bagchi (subhendu_bagchi) (16590)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-10-11
- Categories: Daily Life, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Nikon Coolpix 5600
- Exposure: f/5.0
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Chandipur, Gopalpur and Taptapani.
- Date Submitted: 2012-04-22 12:32