These Rajasthani Handicraft Elephants are made from Paper Mache! The product is very traditional and is made by women working in the villages of Rajasthan.
This handcrafted Rajasthani Wall Hanging is exquisitely designed with elephants separated by white or Golden beads as you can see HERE... Sometimes A metal bell hangs at the bottom. It is an ideal decorative item for the raditionally done-up drawing room in North-Western India! I found this piece in a street market in Jaisalmer this January.
- Copyright: Nilanjan Nandy (nilanjann) (67)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-01-27
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Nikon D5100, *AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, 52 mm UV
- Exposure: f/8, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-02-26 16:45