Hawa Mahal is also called as ‘Palace of Wind’ or ‘Palace of Breeze’. Its unique five-story has 953 small windows called jharokhas decorated with intricate lattice work is a fine piece of Rajput architecture, built in 1799, by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, and is the most recognizable monument of Jaipur.
First i was a little disappointed that there was a renovation going on. But after taking the picture anyway i liked it after all.
In firefox right click the image en choose 'view image' to see the original size.
- Copyright: gee hoo (geehoo) (632)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2013-05-08
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S DX 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VRII, B+W 72mm UV filter
- Exposure: f/11, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-06-26 1:24