These are devotees of Maha Mariannam in Mumbai. The procession was out with many having long steel rods pierced through their cheeks, without showing any outwardly signs of pain or discomfort.
Self infliction is an age old way of showing devotion.
- Copyright: Mukesh Srivastava (mukesh) (446)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-10-24
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Nikon D200, Sigma 85mm f1.4
- Exposure: f/1.4, 1/1000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-12-20 4:49