In the picture is the entrance to the famous Hathisingh Jain Temple in Ahmedabad.
It was established in 1850 by Seth Hathisingh, who was a rich Jain merchant. This temple is dedicated to the 15th 'Jain Tirthankar', known as Dharamnath. The temple is made using white marble, which is adorned with intricately designed carvings. The temple is a double-storied building.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Khushboo Gandhi (Khushboo) (8)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-11-30
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Sony DSC W120
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-28 3:21