Built in the 15th century, the step well (known as vav in these parts) in Adalaj, near Ahmedabad, is an absolute marvel. It seems to have been just an excuse for some architectural indulgence.
Pigeons flock the place and here, one made its way to a spotlight of sorts.
I've hardly had to touch this photograph as the lighting and ambiance were just perfect.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
NIlma (20) 2010-09-02 2:28
I like this photo most because of feeling inside when I see it. It looks like some scary place, or something that once was a transcendent building. As you said,lighting and ambiance are perfect. Architecture is just magnificent.
cobra112 (15589) 2010-09-15 13:16
Ciao Vivek. Good POV and playing of light. Bit tender sharp.
- Copyright: vivek ratnam (vogon) (11)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-11-13
- Categories: Architecture
- Exposure: f/3.2, 1/13 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Steps to Water: Ancient Indian Step Wells & Tanks [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-09-02 1:41