this balanced stone is situated at mamlapuram,tamilnadu,India.
people are not allowed to go nearby.but I saw two goats wandering near the stone without fear.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
imtiyaz (1005) 2007-04-10 6:52
Hey i know this rock,
mamlapuram.. before is called as Mahabalipuram,
it is very nice place.
If you push this rock then also it doesnot falls... :)
if anyone goes to mahabalipuram don't for get to see these
* Descent of the Ganges - a giant open-air bas relief
* Arjuna's Penance - relief sculpture on a massive scale extolling an episode from the Hindu epic, The Mahabharata.
* Varaha Cave Temple - a small rock-cut temple dating back to the 7th century.
* The Shore Temple - a structural temple along the Bay of Bengal with the entrance from the western side away from the sea. Recent excavations have revealed new structures here. The temple was reconstructed stone by stone from the sea after being washed away in a cyclone.
* Pancha Rathas (Five Chariots) - five monolithic pyramidal structures named after the Pandavas (Arjuna, Bhima, Yudhishtra, Nakula and Sahadeva) and Draupadi. An interesting aspect of the rathas is that, despite their sizes they are not assembled — each of these is carved from one single large piece of stone.
vizion (729) 2007-04-27 18:21
I have never seen a thing like this. It looks like it just about to fall. Amazing!!
Thanks for sharing this.