This is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in his role of the slayer of demons. Devotees pray at this temple to cure themselves of diseases caused internal body heat*.
This is one of the figurines on the roof of the temple.
* A condition in the Indian medical system of Ayurveda.
- Copyright: Sridhar Rao Chaganti (SridharRao75) (280)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-04-19
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: CANON EOS 30 D, SIGMA 50-150mm F2.8 APO EX DC HSM
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/1250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-04-20 10:28