Lots of temples in South India are located on hillocks and they are home to loads of monkeys. The monkeys get food as devotees come in large numbers. And these monkeys are seldom afraid of humans.
While I was at this small hillock called Savandurga about a 100kms north of Bangalore, I had this close encounter with a Bonnet Macaque, and I notice that its hand resembled almost that of a human! Except the thumb and the body hair, look at the hand, the fingers and the nails, see if you feel the same.
Critiques | Translate
everlasting (14696) 2013-01-29 13:10
A beautiful detail so well captured. And yes I agree, almost human
hidibyendu (871) 2013-01-29 22:47
Nice detailed photo of this hand.
Very nicely taken.
Yes, its human like.
jhm (141961) 2013-02-01 3:09
This is real a wonderful detail image of this hand and nails.
sharpness and clarity are superb.
Very well done, TFS.
Have a nice weekend,
- Copyright: prashant prabhu (prashantprabhu) (217)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-06-26
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS XSi 450D
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Animals, Monkeys, Hands, Monkey Portraits [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-29 10:31