Pattadakal is an old Chalukya Temple Complex that houses numerous temples, with magnificent style, architecture and carvings. This temple town lies on the banks of river Ghataprabha, and is considered World Heritage Monument by UNESCO.
Virupaksha temple, Mallikarjuna temple, Galaganatha temple, Visweshwara Temple and Papanatha temple are the main ones that exhibit spectacular art on red-stone. The largest temple here is of the Virupaksha, on which was modeled the famous Kailasa Temple of Ellora. These temples have been finest examples of Dravidian Style of Architecture.
Critiques | Translate
swapankumarroy (2843) 2014-08-24 7:33
Very lovely and wide view of temple complex with beautiful deep blue sky background, good contrast, well sharped and maintained the color is quiet natural.
with best wishes and thanks,
- Copyright: Abhijith R Shastry (rsabhijith) (133)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-08-15
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork, Ruins
- Camera: Nokia Lumia 620, Transcend 4GB 150xSD
- Exposure: f/2.4, 1/1097 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Destinations [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-19 19:18