The Mishing (also known as Miri) tribe of Assam are indigenous inhabitants of Majuli island, the largest river island in the world.
Though the islanders were introduced to Assamese culture during the medieval era, many of them still continue to follow their own primitive traditions.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
jadesgran (5369) 2014-06-05 22:29
A well captured picture of this elderly lady.She looks at ease with the photographer and even gives him /her an unusual smile.Good tight cropping.Clarity good.
Pietrow (304) 2014-06-06 1:22
What a grat portraits of joy of life !
Old age can be beautiful!
- Copyright: Bornav Raychaudhury (bornav) (484)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-05-25
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 550D Rebel T2i, Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM, 72mm HOYA UV
- Exposure: f/4, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-06-05 22:17