A wild bull water buffalo (also called Asian buffalo and Asiatic buffalo,weigh from 700 to 1,200 kg (1,500 to 2,600 lb) relaxing in the mud.
The population decline of at least 50% over the last three generations (24–30 years) is projected to continue. The global population has been estimated at 3,400 individuals, of which 3,100 (91%) live in India, mostly in Assam. They are mostly found in the wet grasslands, swamps and densely vegetated river valleys.
Tried to capture the pleasant moment of the wild beast through the view finder to present it to the world.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Pranjyoti Hazarika (phazarik) (16)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-12-30
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D3100, 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-07 7:02