The Sonken festival among the Kampti tribe is similar to the Songkran festival in Thailand and equal to the Cambodian New Year, Lao Phimay and festivals of the Dai minority in china and other Theravada Buddhists.
During this rejuvenation spring festivals the Buddha's statues are being washed as well as the Vihars / Chongs, and also the people are spraying water on everyone.
- Copyright: yuval naaman (kogawa) (4330)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-04-15
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Canon EOS 40D, 18-55mm/f3.3-5.6
- Exposure: f/11, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): North Eastern India People [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-06-13 1:51