Tungnath temple, at an altitude of 3680 Mtrs, is considered to be the highest temple of Lord Shiva and is one of the Panch (Five) Kedars. Madhmaheshwar, Tungnath, Rudranath and Kalpnath with Kedarnath form the Panch Kedar and considered as the five most important temples of Lord Shiva in Garhwal Himalayas.
Chandrashilla, at an altitude of 4000 Mtrs, is highest point of the mountain on which Chopta and Tungnath are situated. Chandrashilla offers 270 degree views of the Himalayan range and is located 1.5 KMs further upwards from Tungnath Temple which makes it a 5 KMs trek from Chopta.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mrityunjoy Chatterjee (mrichat) (1737)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-10-05
- Categories: Nature, Architecture
- Camera: CANON EOS 550D, EF S18-55 IS
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-14 9:06