The atmosphere of the yard of kedarnath temple in late afternoon with those sadhus...
Kedarnath is one of the holiest Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and is located atop the Garhwal Himalayan range near the Mandakini river in Kedarnath, Uttarakhand in India. Due to extreme weather conditions, the temple is open only between the end of April to Kartik Purnima (the autumn full moon). During
the winters, the murtis (idols) from Kedarnath temple are brought to Ukhimath and worshipped there for six months. In this region Lord Shiva is worshipped as Kedarnath, the 'Lord of Kedar Khand',
the historical name of the region.
Critiques | Translate
maria-v1981 (10403) 2013-02-13 3:38
Amazing architecture. Well capture of rhythmic of sizing and well composition that came from good arrangement in this frame. Excellent sharpness reveal wondeful detail too. The atmosphere is wonderful.
Have a nice evening,
- Copyright: Subhendu Bagchi (subhendu_bagchi) (16590)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-11-02
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Nikon Coolpix 5600
- Exposure: f/4.9
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Chardham + Chopta, Auli & Delhi
- Theme(s): Chardham + Chopta, Auli & Delhi [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-02-13 2:23
- Favorites: 1 [view]