This place is bhojbasa.I took this photo from the basin of the bhagirathi(the ganga).In fact i was then at bottom of a bowel of stone desert.This is the Stopover for trekkers enroute Gaumukh Glacier,the source of river Ganga/Ganges in the Himalaya.
The erosion and transport of rock and sediment by a stream defines the shape and extent of its valley, V-shaped valleys and wide valleys with flat floors are the most common varieties.
This valley is the result of downcutting, whereby a stream's channel erodes directly downward. As downcutting continues, erosion and mass wasting begin to work on the exposed, vertical sides of the channel, eroding them into slopes and widening the valley.
The most attractive thing of this spot is the color distribution with few numbers of color and its blending naturally.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mrityunjoy Chatterjee (mrichat) (1649)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-10-30
- Categories: Nature, Ruins
- Camera: CANON EOS 550D, EF S18-55 IS, Griffin Ultra Slim MC CPL, 58m
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-05 8:51