A rare peaceful moment in Varanasi overlooking the Ganges. For once, no one was bothering us to buy postcards or go on a boat ride. This photo is taken at the main ghat. (I can't spell it, sorry). The tables to the right are where a big weekly religious ceremony would take place later that day.
Straightened, and sharpened.
Critiques | Translate
Cliffy (590) 2006-02-10 15:19
The peaceful serenity of this man shows up really well and it contrasts with the hustle and bustle that is starting to build up in the scene behind him.i am particularly impressed with the exposure as getting so much detail in that pure white gown takes a lot of skill.
- Copyright: Ian Sewell (IanSewell) (579)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-12-24
- Categories: Daily Life, Ceremony
- Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XT
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2006-02-10 13:40