Gur [Panela in South America] is a traditional unrefined non-centrifugal sugar consumed in Asia, Africa and South America. It is made for direct consumption. This type of sugar is a concentrated product of cane juice without separation of the molasses and crystals, and can vary from golden brown to dark brown in color.
This picture is taken at one of the gur producing units. During the onset of winter, such small gur producing units start mushrooming up on the road side on roads passing through the villages in punjab. One can enjoy the aroma and taste of freshly made gur and can even buy some to take away from here.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Rajbir Singh (jattmoody) (56)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-11-22
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Nikon D40, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX, 52 mm UV
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/320 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-09-21 4:30