pituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery in Leh district, Ladakh, northern India,The site of Spituk was blessed by the Arhat Nyimagung. Founded as a Red Hat institution, the monastery was taken over by the Yellow Hat sect in the 15th century.
The monastery contains 100 monks and a giant statue of Kali (unveiled during the annual Spitok festival).
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Tathagata Das (tatsnew) (76)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2014-07-14
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D7100, Nikkor 18-105mm AF-S DX F3.5-5.6G ED VR
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-07-25 23:15