A cow (or is it a bull?) was hanging out and doing some shopping in Main Bazaar.
This is a close crop of a much wider shot. I digitally increased the DOF slightly, otherwise nothing special was done.
Critiques | Translate
ianmcall (1213) 2004-03-27 1:00
The incongruity of the background makes this work. The Western viewer is unused to seeing cows wandering through city scapes like this; but, of course in India, even in the largest cities, it is perfectly normal. Shopping eh? Did you pick up any bargaining tips?
Not sure I'd have cropped the top of the head that much, I'd rather see the rest of the curve of the horn.
sulucas (229) 2004-03-27 2:43
It must be a cow, she's looking at pashminas! LOL
Very interesting shot. As Ian says, we're not used to seeing livestock "browsing" in our markets. Composition works well to show us both components of this image, with sufficient DOF so as not to loose the background completely.
Thanx for showing us a slice of life in India.
eleparc (24063) 2005-06-04 7:19
nice shot mike! I love the background of pashminas also...
adam_k (600) 2006-09-18 3:18
The picture itself is interesting and witty but there is also the quality issue here: I think you could improve it by sticking to 2 rules:
- posting larger pictures (~800 pixels at the longer side)
- smaller compression of images (to have them around the size of ~200kB - this one is 4 times smaller)
- Copyright: Mike Chachich (mdchachi) (1617)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-02-15
- Camera: Canon EOS 5, Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 V USM, Fuji Superia 400
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Two Weeks in India
- Theme(s): Cow/Vache., Animals from India, Cows "made in India" [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-03-27 0:51