A boy dressed as Lord Krishna ..Gajan 2012..
Shot it at "Gajan Fair".
Gajan a Shaivite folk festival, held on CHAITRA SANGKRANTI (the last day of Chaitra..according to eng calendar ,its in middle of april) and on full moon nights up to the full moon of Asadh. The festival is associated with various gods. There may thus be SHIVA's Gajan, the Gajan of DHARMA THAKUR, the Gajan of Nil etc. But the main object of this festival is to celebrate the marriage of the sun and the earth. The reason for this festival is perhaps to appease the sun and pray for rain during the hot, dry month of Chaitra.
For more photos like this one.click MY SITE subirbasak.orgfree.com.....
P.S."Copyright © – Subir Basak.
The reproduction, publication, modification, transmission or exploitation of any work contained herein for any use, personal or commercial, without my prior written permission is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved."
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: SUBIR BASAK (photographer123) (6246)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-04-11
- Categories: Daily Life, Festivals
- Camera: Nikon D60, 18-55mm
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): CHILDREN OF INDIA [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-04-19 6:37