The Dying City Calcutta suddenly jerks back to life as soon as the festival of Durga Puja arrives each year around Sept-Oct! I do not know, what moves this great mass of people around - all day , all night during this festival, where on Earth do they get this kind of energy? And why do they behave like loons on these 6 days?
Here I've captures the "Moving Spirit", that can be seen every time the idol arrives for the annual soiree, and especially during it's immersion in the Holy Ganges (Hooghly) River - here they call it Bisorjon...
- Copyright: Nilanjan Nandy (nilanjann) (67)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-10-24
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Nikon D5100, *AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, 52 mm UV
- Exposure: f/5.3, 1/8 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-12-11 12:51