The making of "Devi Durga" is a long process. A straw structure is made then clay is put on the straw and final shape is given. It is indeed a masterly work of the artisans. This picture is from the Kumortuli at night.
This involves lot of artists, and other people who work day and night in making the idols of clay. Other decorative items are made by hand. It involves a proces of 2-4 months before everythings gets ready. In Kolkata the idols are made in Kumartuli a place where all artisans work, it is in the northern frings of the city near the river Ganga.
Thanks in advance for your visit and comment.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Dhritiman Bishnu (dhritimanb) (49)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-10-17
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Nikkon D90, Nikkor 18 - 105 f3.5, 67mm Marumi UV
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-26 0:06