The grass cross spider (Argiope catenulata) is an orb wear spider with a black and white body and yellow and black eye markings. The grass cross spider is native to India, the Philippines and Papua New Guinea. Grass cross spiders build round webs with a zigzag web with stabilimentum (a decoration that some species of orb weaver spiders build into their web—the function of the stabilimentum is not yet understood).
This spider is the resident of my house-area.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Dhritiman Bishnu (dhritimanb) (47)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-10-29
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikkon D90, Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/10 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-04-09 0:12