Hanseswari Temple is situated at Bansberia, which is 47 km north of Kolkata in West Bengal. The main deity is the blue neem-wood idol of the four-armed goddess Hanseswari, a manifestation of Goddess Kali.
This is one of the very important temple among all the temples in Hooghly District . The structure of the temples is the representation of 'Tantrik Satchakrabhed'. This 5 storied 'thirteen ratna' temple is situated near the Bansberia and Tribeni railway station both of which is on the Howrah-Katwal main line. Near to this temple there are also two other important temple named Ananta Basudeba Temple, which is decorated with very rich teracotta pointed plates and Swanbhaba Kali Temple built by Nrisinhadeb in 1788.
Thanks for visit.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mrityunjoy Chatterjee (mrichat) (1038)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-01-01
- Categories: Castles, Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: CANON EOS 550D, Canon 55-250 EF-S IS, Griffin Ultra Slim MC CPL, 58m
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-10 8:49
- Favorites: 1 [view]