When being photographed from a very low angle, at sunrise, the face of terraced field changed completely while being compared with the view from high position on hillside.
This is to share with you a different appearance of Yuanyang Terraced Fields during the month of February when moisture’s precipitation is strongest and one by one gust of wind pulls the cloud down to embrace the trees. This is about the beginning of “dry season” when the fields are full of water and the hours of sunlight are more than during the raining season (from June to October).
There are two ways to visit this location:
- Landing Kunming, China to enjoy the city plus the one-day trip to Stones Forest then take the bus to Yuanyang via Jianshui. Distance: Kunming > Yuanyang: 337 km.
- Landing Hanoi, Vietnam to experience Ha Long Bay, Perfume Pagoda and the city itself. Take the night train to Lao Cai (350 km) and complete your trekkings on Sa Pa & Bac Ha, before crossing border to Hekou, China, and continue the 200km-trip by bus to Yuanyang.
If you plan your trip to this destination either way and the information given in my Yuanyang Theme is not enough for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Critiques | Translate
sway (434) 2005-07-10 5:28
Nice capture. Did you alter the shot at all?
I like the refections of colour on the water.
mauricio_matos (417) 2005-07-10 6:42
Indeed...the reflection on the water looks amazing together with the low clouds.
Drom (1205) 2005-07-10 6:43
Les couleurs sont toujours aussi belles et le graphisme parfait.
huynt (5079) 2005-07-10 6:44
Hi Mr Thanh
Thanks for message. Very magic in smoking and color and golden water. Well composition. good luck. Huy
Luan (12971) 2005-07-10 8:47
nice sunset colors , both in the sky and in the reflections in the rice terrasses. the fog gives a special atmopshere to the shot.
I would love to go and see these by myself.
summersun (4978) 2005-07-10 8:50
what a beautiful sight ! the sunset, the mystic fog and the terraced fields make a fantastic combination.
thanks for sharing.
ckuhn55 (2660) 2005-07-10 12:25
Mtns and clouds are a bit grainy. Like the different contrast in colors.
donluicu (24718) 2005-08-19 4:17
this is a very good shot. Usually we can see rice fields in the green tones...here it's totally different, with the rose and orange tones...very well done.
- Copyright: Ngy Thanh (ngythanh) (8525)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-02-21
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, Canon EF 24-70mm L, RAW @ ISO 400
- Exposure: f/11, 1/250 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Yuanyang — a best-kept secret /1/, Rice Fields "III" [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-07-10 5:17
- Favorites: 1 [view]