blood sugar sex magik!
Jiangxi cuisine is incomplete without a good dose of red hot chili peppers. And my God, they're red hot.
some pepper factoids:
* There is archaeological evidence at sites located in southwestern Ecuador that chili peppers were domesticated more than 6000 years ago.
* Christopher Columbus was one of the first Europeans to encounter them (in the Caribbean), and called them "peppers" because of their similarity in taste (though not in appearance) with the Old World black peppers of the Piper genus.
* From Mexico, at the time the Spanish colony that controlled commerce with Asia, chili peppers spread rapidly into the Philippines and then to India, China, Korea and Japan.
* The "heat" of chili peppers is measured in Scoville heat units (SHU), which is the number of times a chili extract must be diluted in water for it to lose its heat.
* In Jiangxi chili peppers are used directly as vegetables, instead of as flavouring, as in most other Chinese regional cuisines.
* Hot peppers are claimed to provide symptomatic relief from rhinitis, but a review study found no effect.
* Red Hot Chili Peppers is an American alternative rock band formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1983.
* The original guitar player of the Red Hot Chili Peppers died of an overdose (heroin, not peppers) and was replaced by John Frusciante, who almost died of a similar overdose and is one hell of a guitar player.
* There is debate whether or not men and women sense capsaicinoids similarly.
* Freaky styley!
Critiques | Translate
sevy (14895) 2009-12-01 8:57
A fun note for a graphic picture. The red color is for a big part in the impact of this photo.
I think you got few comments because it is a front picture focused only on its subject. It is good when this kind of photos is part of a serie, but it is not the way TE is working.
Whatever the reason, this photo was tasty :-)
sid_sn (171) 2009-12-06 21:32
This really good frame and color composition, I think this is red carpet.